Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Showing the Love, Just a Wee Bit Late

"It's the new Margo. But she's just as late as the old one."




If it's good enough for Margo Channing, it's fine for the blogathon, too. As I was informed by my For the Love of Film comrade Marilyn Ferdinand, late donations continued to flow this week. And as of today, the new total is (drum roll, please)

$12,135




This will be enough money, according to our pals at the National Film Preservation Foundation, to restore a feature comedy AND a cartoon.



Do we of Greater Blogistan rock, or what?

But wait, there's more. Here is the list of the winners of the poster and DVD sets being given away in appreciation by the NFPF. The winners were selected in a random drawing from among the blogathon donors.

They are...

Eddie Selover – Poster

Samantha Kelley – Treasures III

James Wolcott – Treasures III

Gloria Porta – Treasures IV

Kenji Fujishima – Treasures IV


Congratulations to the lucky winners. And now, in the immortal lines from Ninotchka, "What's the hurry? Let us be happy...give us our moment...We are happy, aren't we?"

11 comments:

Donna said...

Kudos! One, and all!

Marilyn said...

We're in the money, we're in the money, we've got a lot of what it takes to get along!

Who Is Tim Burton? Two said...

Hi! Self-Style Siren and Marilyn,
Congratulation! to one and all that played a part in bringing attention to the The Film Preservation Foundation...and I hope that the donations continue to "roll" in...too!
Take care!
DeeDee ;-D

Vanwall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vanwall said...

Actually, I finally got my contribution post up, Better Late Than Never.

http://vanwall.blogspot.com/2010_02_01_archive.html

I'll add it to the links post, as well.

Gloria said...

Huh... Is my luck changing? it's the first time ever I win something! (hope a job offer comes my way sometime soon: I'd like to be able to donate again as I feel the prize somehow invalidates my donation...)

Maya said...

Thoroughly awesome!

Miss Tinky said...

We are indeed happy--and grateful to the blogathon's hosts!

Tonio Kruger said...

Congrats, Siren.

But in view of that last still, I hope you've been staying away from balconies. And crowds...

Jacqueline T Lynch said...

Oooh! A cartoon, too?

(Harmonizing with Marilyn "...we never see a headline, 'bout a breadline today, and when we see the landlord, we can look that guy right in the eye..."

Take it, somebody.

williamwolfe said...

I apologize for the tardy donation, but it was a pleasure to give to such a wonderful cause. I never would have known about it, if not for your posts, so thanks for serving as town crier. Perhaps my favorite aspect of the project is that I was able to make my donation in memory of William K. Everson, my beloved film professor at NYU many moons ago. He would have loved this project.